Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WarpCon 2010 highlights



After two days of intensive competitive gaming, I have at last been able to put my feet up, grab a hot cup of tea and reflect on a few things...

I think the first thing that really took me by surprise was the visual standard of the armies. There are some gifted painters at our own club, but it was really great to take a look at some of the other great models out there, especially to get some ideas for my own future projects. Check out the video above for sone highlights.

Then of course, there were the lists themselves... Double lash Princes, Obliterator spam, Demolisher spam - everything, you name it! It really was tough for my space elves to hold their own, I can tell you. I won some games, I lost some games, but I left knowing that I'd be back next year, with better luck, and some more Eldar trickery up my sleeve...
Iggy

2 comments:

Iggy said...

Though there were a lot of Eldar players at the Tournament, each was unique in it's own right, in presentation and composition. My personal favourite was the Iyanden Warhost which you can see included in the video.

I also snuck in a few snapshots of my own Eldar force! *hides

Mal said...

There were 3 Chaos players altogether, not the turnout I'd hoped for, but I like the fact that one of them walked away with the overall gaming prize. Let it be known that I took some of those pics, with the camera surgically atttached to my forehead for fear of dropping it...(stayed up ALL night painting and basing marines).